Monday, April 7, 2014


Hello World......

I'm pleased with my decision to re-take C#.  I've stayed dedicated to studying and working through all the material.  I'm much more secure in the code this time around.  Visual Studios doesn't overwhelm me as much either.  Like any tool, you must get familiar with it.  Over the last 6 weeks I've crashed, broken, lost and been through Visual Studios and back again.

Dealing with Branching,(switches and if trees) and Loops.  I'm really working as hard as I can on these concepts.  I understand why they work. That doesn't mean I can get them to work for me yet.


Although the code becomes clearer as I continue to re-do the homework and actually use it.  I need my hands in it to learn it. My new classmates are good.  There is definitely some personality in this group.  We're just now starting to get know one another.

Chris Byram is my instructor for this track and he's really energetic and passionate.  I enjoy his personality and tempo in the class room.  I do find one thing interesting.  We are covering the same material yet it's from a slightly different perspective.

All my instructors have been great. Yet I'm noticing how they all look at the same problems and have a different perspective.This is the silver lining in being a computer programmer. There isn't one right answer.  There could be multiple ways to come to the same solution.

Love that.

As of this post it'll be 101 days till the end of classes.  Then I'll take the Microsoft Certification test.  With a little luck and some hard work I'll get through it.  I think Old Thomas Jefferson has the right idea.





No comments:

Post a Comment