Wednesday, May 14, 2014

ASP2

My Instructor this week is Chuck Weiners.  His dry sense of humor is a riot.  He was also really patient with me.  I (might have, accidentally) asked him to fix my code at least 5-10 times a day.

Well I'm officially into uncharted territory.  Last week was all about Master Pages and controls.  The ease and ability to use the same format and elements across pages is amazing.  This week is all about membership and how to authenticate.  We defined roles and access  to our sites and our SQL data bases.  We are building to the final project.  It's starting to become clear the path to graduation.  I've now seen two classes present final projects and there will be my original class in June.

I thnk membership was  cool, but as a student it was heavy.  As always, I felt like I didn't get the content as well as I should have.  I'm coming to the conclusion that maybe it is my own standard that I hold for myself.  I am consciously trying to stop beating up on myself.  This track is not a competition.  I have to stop judging myself on the progress of others.



Each person comes with unique gifts and weaknesses.  I understand my strengths.....more over, I am familiar with my weaknesses as well.  I will continue to use two of my main strengths:

1. Work ethic
2.  Passion.

Petetllc.com second edition is almost ready for launch.  I want to add two more pieces to it.  I hope to have it launched.  Although I'm not going to drive myself into the ground getting it perfect.  I already know that I want to change three things on it before I even launch.  (Is this the way all developers are?)

I'm off to study SQL with Chris Byram.  Should be an entertaining week.


No comments:

Post a Comment