Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Memorial Day Weekend.

Great three day weekend.  I wrapped up the ASP 3 with our instructor (The man, the myth the Legend) Chuck. The content was pretty intense.  We were tying SQL into our ASP.Net Websites.  We had a bunch of sample databases and actually built our own for practice.  The material wasn't necessarily too heavy but it is easy to get turned around when you are are doing data Binding and adding the multiple view types.

You have your grid view for the majority larger glimpse at the database.  Then we tied in a details view or a form view for the specific detailed view of each product and or category.  Now the cool part was when we added the functionality to the "admin" to change and modify the database from the client level.


Below is a screen shot of Widgets and Gadgets.  A website we built in ASP3 and added onto in ASP4

I have so much content from Mo Wine Tours that I built a database as a class project




For our widgets and gadgets class project.  Chuck told us to build our own database for something that we
care or are interested in.  I have so much content from UDA and Mo Wine Tours that It was very easy
for me to build it out using some of my own stuff.  

It really brought the material to life.  The power of this is incredible.  It is very dry to learn (for me at least) UNTIL you put in your own products or something that is relevant to business and real world. 

                                

I'm pretty burnt out right now.  I'm looking forward to next week.  It's a break week.  I'm gonna focus on the job hunt.  I'm gonna start throwing hooks out to see if  "Daddy" can get a job.  Sacrificing five and  half months of income to do this is risky business especially when you have three children and a wife at home.  I will continue to put in the hard work and keep the faith. I resolve to get through this school and find a new career.  It is easier for me to put it into perspective when I realize that this isn't for me.  It's for them.  



No comments:

Post a Comment