Monday, May 5, 2014

Long time no blog.....

The break week was great.    I forced my self to study but I made sure to step away.  My website is not really working correctly. RRRRRRR .  No worries, a master page through the ASP.net help me fix most of it's quirks.  I hope to have it  up by next week.



Last week was ASP 1.  Introduction to the ASP.NET server.  This is really cool stuff.  I love how you can dynamically make a site responsive.

(Quick shout out to my friend and instructor Keith Smith.  ..enjoy your classes)

The drop and drag controls are versatile and so easy to put in.  I still get a little twisted on the code behind (aspx.cs),  I will say that the syntax is similar but it gets a little confusing when talking about stateless protocol, post back and control, CrossPagePost back etc.



This is me an my tater-tot at the library.  She's so funny.  She tells me that I spend more time with my classmates than I do with them.  True. Can't really deny that.  

I find it ironic. I've spent almost three years at home with my children.  Everyday we did homework and I'd harp on them.....

"It's important to do your homework first...."
"If you set your mind to something......"
"Hard work pays off......"
"Just Show up.....the rest is details......"
"Have FUN but be responsible."  

Wooooooo  I talk a mean game don't I.  If any of you reading this know me at all.....you'll recognize my sarcasm.  If you don't know me......than don't believe anybody that say I'm a smarty pants.  It's a vicious rumor.
  
 So I'm trying to walk the path that I've been on a soap box about.  They see me struggling through this.  Children are very smart and aware.  Much more than we give them credit for.


Now when my children ask me why I'm doing homework.....why are you always studying?

"It's important to do your homework first....you have to put the time in"

Now when they ask me if this computer stuff is it hard?  

" YES,.....but if you set your mind to something....and you just show up everyday and work hard..it will pay off.."

When they ask me......"Daddy, why are you screaming at your computer?"

"Ya Know what's fun kids.. I.D.10 T errors. My code blowing up with errors that APPARENTLY are Illogical....that's really fun........Having a semi colon or typo steal hours of my life.........it's a blast!"





Spoken like a true Griswold.......:)



No comments:

Post a Comment