Sunday, March 2, 2014

Career change and back to school 37 years old.

Hello Blog,

So I am starting this blog to showcase and document my new adventure.   I am thirty seven years young and a father of three.  Married for almost 18 years now.   I took college classes when I was in my early twenties.  I stopped pursuing a degree and focused on my career in the restaraunt industry.  It is really one of the things that has really held me back over the years for many positions that I've applied for.  There is a ceiling on how far you can go in most of corporate America with out a degree.

I've been in the Food and Beverage industry for the majority of my life.  Bartending, waiting tables and managing.  For about 10 years I was a liquor and wine representative.  I sold spirits to restaurants and bars in New Jersey.  

 My focus and priority in life is to be a good Dad.  I adore my children and treasure all of life's little moments with them.  My  wife and I have three children, one of which has Cerebral Palsy.  This condition takes parenting to a whole new level.  A level that few people will ever understand. 

The reality is that being a parent to a special needs child is demanding.  It takes time and money to truly help coax them to their fullest potential.  The reality is that my wife and I have sacrificed a lot to be the parents we feel our children deserve. 

I left my job selling wine and spirits in 2010 to focus on the children.  My wife had good insurance through her job and much more stability. 


 I have come to the conclusion that I am going to make a career change. 

No comments:

Post a Comment